Friday, February 3, 2017

Groundhog Day

With Groundhog Day being this week, I decided to read some Groundhog Day stories. For First Grade, I read Substitute Groundhog by Pat Miller and I read Groundhog’s Day Off by Robb Pearlman.




Kindergarten students are getting ready for First Grade by learning how to use shelf markers to find their library books.  This week they watched a brief You Tube video about how to properly use a shelf marker and then got to practice while I supervised.  I reminded them to be sure and put the book back on the shelf with the spine label in the correct position and not upside down or backwards.  They all seemed to do a wonderful job! Unfortunately, I did not see any Pre-K classes this week because I was out the day they came to the library.

We did start a new incentive for returning books this week.  Each week for the remainder of the year, students will receive a P.A.W.S. card if they have returned all of their books.  Hopefully, this will encourage some students to get their books back in a more timely manner.



No comments:

Post a Comment