Friday, February 10, 2017

Biographies and Evaluating a Website

Since I wasn’t able to see the Pre-K classes last week, I read All Sorts of Shapes by Hannah Reidy this week. The students had fun identifying all of the shapes in the book.


For grades K-2, I concentrated on biographies. We discussed what a biography was and then I read one to each grade level. In Kindergarten, I read about Abraham Lincoln. First grade I read a book about Eleanor Roosevelt and for Second grade, I read about Helen Keller. Each one of the people we read about helped bring about change in the world and really wanted to help others.



This week we continued our discussion about research with evaluating a website with 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. It’s important to know who the author is, if the information is current and unbiased and that it is appropriate. The students were given a bookmark to help them remember the things to look for when evaluating a website.




No comments:

Post a Comment