Friday, September 29, 2017

Texas 2x2 and Texas Bluebonnet Award

This week Pre-K was learning about homes, so I read Welcome Home, Mouse.


For K-2, we talked about the Texas 2x2 list which is for children age 2 thru grade 2. In Kindergarten I read I Will Not Eat You. First grade heard the story of Horrible Bear and I read Dylan the Villain to Second grade.




For grades 3-5, I discussed the Texas Bluebonnet Award which is for grades 3-6. I read Follow the Moon Home.


Both lists are comprised of 20 books selected by teachers and librarians across the state of Texas. A student must read a minimum of 5 books for each list in order to vote for their favorite in January for the Texas Bluebonnet Award and February for the Texas 2x2 list. Each book that I read to the classes counts toward the minimum of 5 in order to vote. I have reading logs/tracking sheets available to anyone who would like one. I always look forward to seeing what book the students choose as their favorite for each list.

No comments:

Post a Comment