Friday, September 22, 2017

Library Orientation Scavenger Hunt

This week Pre-K learned about families, so I read Families, Families, Families! by Suzanne and Max Lang. Kindergarten was learning about following the rules and being a good citizen. I read Ten Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break if You Want to Survive the School Bus by John Grandits.


I did a library orientation scavenger hunt with the rest of the grade levels (1st – 5th). I had clues around the library that the students had to find. They worked in groups of three to locate the clues. Each team had an I pad so that they could take a picture of what the sign asked them to find. When the time was up or they had found all of the clues, they could bring me their I pad so that I could check the camera roll to see what they found. This was a fun way for the students to hopefully have a better understanding of where certain types of books are located in the library.

This is an example of the 1-2 clues.


Here is an example of the 3-5 clues.




No comments:

Post a Comment