Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year's Resolutions

Every year at this time, people make New Year’s resolutions to help and try to make themselves better people. Some people have the will power and determination to see them through, but most people do not.  This year, I haven’t really given much thought to a resolution, but I think I would try to do a better job of letting go of things that I cannot control in order to have less stress in my life.


With all of this talk of resolutions, I thought this first week back from Winter Break would be a great time to read Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution by Pat Miller.  This book is an AV2 Fiction Readalong, so I used that to read to the students.


We discussed the meaning of resolution and some students even shared some of their own resolutions.  Some said that they wanted to work harder at school and one student even said that he didn’t want to spend so much time playing video games.  They’re both wonderful ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment