Friday, November 4, 2016

Holiday: Halloween

This week started off with Halloween, so I decided this would be the perfect time to read some Halloween stories to the students.  I love sharing the holidays through good books and the students always seem to love them as well.


In Pre-K, I read Clifford and the Halloween Parade by Norman Bridwell. I read Halloween Mice! by Bethany Roberts to Kindergarten and Happy Halloween, Gus! by Jacklyn Williams to First Grade. For Second Grade, I chose to read Froggy’s Halloween by Jonathan London.


Since Third Grade is also studying poetry right now, I chose to read Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich by Adam Rex.  It’s a poetry book about all sorts of monstrous things.  For Fourth Grade I read The Perfectly Horrible Halloween by Nancy Poydar and The Perfect Pumpkin Pie by Denys Cazet for Fifth Grade.


The students loved the stories and now I’m ready to start looking for books to share for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment