Friday, December 11, 2015

Holiday: Christmas

Well, here we are at another holiday. I was originally planning on reading these stories next week, but with Science and History Fair, Winter Parties and Early Release, it didn’t leave much time for reading a story.


I decided to include all grade levels because I don’t get as many opportunities to just read a story to 3rd, 4th and 5th. It really touched my heart when a 5th grade student told me that he “remembers when I used to read to them when they were just little kids.” Out of the mouth of babes, right?

I read How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas? by Jane Yolen to Kindergarten. They really loved seeing all of the unique dinosaurs in the story. I read The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore to First Grade. Since I had read ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving to them, we discussed the similarities between the two stories. For Second Grade, I read Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas by Jane O’Connor. The kids loved seeing how fancy her house becomes at Christmas time.


I read One Snowy Night by M. Cristina Butler to Third Grade. It’s a wonderful story of sharing and taking care of your friends. For Fourth Grade I read Snow Bunny’s Christmas Wish by Rebecca Harry. This story’s message is to act from your heart and wishes really do come true. And finally, I read Merry Un Christmas by Mike Reiss to Fifth Grade. The students really enjoyed the concept of Christmas 364 days out of the year. It was definitely a funny story!


This will be the last holiday for a while, so I’d like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment