Friday, November 20, 2015

Holiday: Thanksgiving

As I stated in a previous post, I love to celebrate the holidays. Since Thanksgiving is next week, I took the opportunity to read Thanksgiving stories this week.

For Kindergarten, I read Thanksgiving Mice! by Bethany Roberts.  I read one of my absolute favorite Thanksgiving stories to First Grade. ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey is such a joy to read.  The rhythm and flow of the story is very similar to ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. Not to mention that it is a very sweet story.  I read another one of my favorites to Second Grade.  A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting has a surprise ending and a wonderful message of inclusion.


As we look forward to this day of Thanksgiving, I am reminded of how truly blessed I am to work with such terrific students and staff.  They really are a part of my family.  May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment