Monday, January 22, 2018

Texas 2x2 and MLK

In Pre-K through Second grade, I read books from the Texas 2x2 list. Students must read at least five books from the list in order to vote for their favorite in April. I like to read a few of them to help them out a bit.


In Pre-K, I read Duck, Duck, Porcupine! By Salina Yoon.


In Kindergarten, I read Fabulous Frogs by Martin Jenkins. They really loved learning about some of the different types of frogs. One class even went back to their classroom to write and draw about what they learned.


In First Grade, I read Hank’s Big Day: The Story of a Bug by Evan Kuhlman.


In Second Grade, I read I, Fly: The Buzz About Flies & How Awesome They Are by Bridget Heos.



In Third Grade, I read Martin Luther King, Jr. by Lucia Raatma. We also discussed the difference between a biography and an autobiography.


In Fourth Grade, I read Aesop’s Fables compiled by Michael Hague.


Due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, all but one of the Fifth Grade classes missed their library time, so we just did a check out only.

No comments:

Post a Comment