Friday, December 15, 2017

Holidays

With the holidays just around the corner, I read Hanukkah and Christmas stories this week. The students always get excited about holidays and hearing stories about them.


In Pre-K, I read The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett. The story was very similar to Goldilocks and the Three Bears.



For Kindergarten, I read Where, Oh Where, is Santa Claus? By Lisa Wheeler.


In First Grade, I read The Hanukkah Hop by Erica Silverman.


For Second Grade, I read Santa Claus and the Three Bears by Maria Modugno. It was another twist of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.


In Third Grade, I read Eight Winter Nights by Laura Krauss Melmed.


For Fourth Grade, I read I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Dreidel by Caryn Yacowitz.


In Fifth Grade, I read Oskar and the Eight Blessings by Richard Simon.


We will not be having library classes next week due to altered schedules and a short week, but students are more than welcome to come and check out a book with a pass from their teacher.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday. See you in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment