Friday, October 20, 2017

Online Catalog

This week I taught a variety of topics. In Pre-K they were studying pumpkins, so I read Pete the Cat: Five Little Pumpkins by James Dean.



In Kindergarten, we discussed what a character in a story was. For this lesson, I read My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann. After reading the story, students had to tell me who the characters were.


We worked on main idea in First Grade by reading Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell.


In Second Grade, I read Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin to illustrate cause and effect.


In grades 3-5, I showed them how to access our online catalog via the PISD Library KOHA Catalog app with their Chromebooks. This will allow them to search for a book by title, author or subject. It will also give them access to a variety of online library resources such as encyclopedias and databases. I demonstrated how they could access this from home and gave them a bookmark with the information to have for future reference.



Hopefully, this will empower them to be more independent when selecting books and being able to use the library resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment