Friday, March 24, 2017

Library Resources Research Tools

In Pre-K this week, I read If You Plant a Seed by Kadir Nelson. This book is one of our Texas 2x2 list nominees and was a perfect complement for what they were doing in the classroom.



Grades K-2 are just getting started on doing an animal research project, so I showed them how to access our Library Resource page online and to select a variety of encyclopedias from our Research Tools page.  I demonstrated the various features of PebbleGo Animals, National Geographic for Kids and World Book to assist them with their research.  We also discussed the importance of citing your source and how to do that when using an online resource.




In grades 3-5, I also showed them the Research Tools tab and how to access the Proquest SIRS Discoverer database.  I explained how journal, newspaper and magazine articles in a database can be more reliable, relevant and accessible than using a search engine.



No comments:

Post a Comment