Friday, May 13, 2016

The End is Near

Well, the end of this school year is quickly approaching, although not quickly enough for some people. This week was the last week to check out books for this school year, therefore all library books will be due next Friday, May 20th. Students will come to the library one last time next week and then it will all be over for this year, at least for the students anyway.


Next week is when one of the busiest times of the year starts for me. I have to worry about getting every book back or paid for if it’s lost.  I will run overdue letters every week until the last day of school.  I will probably have to call some parents to try to get them to pay for the book that their child can’t find. Then, once the books have been returned, my volunteers (all two of them) and I will make sure that the book shelves are straightened and in order. That is quite an undertaking to say the least. Finally, I will have to make sure that every staff member is clear in that they have returned all materials and is ready to leave for the summer. Whew! I’m already exhausted just thinking about it. But hey, I’ve got the weekend to rest up, recharge and be ready to go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment