Monday, March 28, 2016

Collaboration

I apologize for the late posting, but the week kind of got away from me with having Good Friday off.  I chose to talk about collaboration because our #EdSlowChat question for the week was: How does collaborating with your librarian impact student learning?

My hope as a librarian is that by teachers collaborating with me, WE are able to help the students make connections outside of their classroom. I love it when I read a story about something they are learning in class and they say, “We were learning about this in class!”  It’s amazing to see those light bulbs go off.


Often times, I don’t get a lot of true collaboration.  I realize teachers are busy, but I feel that part of my job is to help take some of the burden off of teachers.  If there is something that I can teach in the library that will save a teacher from having to do it, I am more than willing to help out.  I’m here to serve and I think a lot of teachers don’t realize the untapped potential they have in a resource like me.  I would love to be used more and to feel more useful than just someone who helps the students’ checkout their books.  Perhaps, in time, if I keep plugging away and try to draw more teachers in, I’ll be able feel as though I am completing my role as librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment