Friday, February 19, 2016

Digital Learning

There was a lot going on this week.  We started the week with President’s Day and then Thursday was Digital Learning Day.  I managed to combine the two with a President’s Day Quizizz.

Last week during our Tech Shop, the staff was introduced to quizizz.com. You are able to create quizzes that allow students to compete against each other or you can use quizzes that other people have created and made public. One of the reasons I like this website so much is how easy and user friendly it is.  Having never used it before, I was able to create an account and my quiz within fifteen minutes.  It’s that easy!  Of course, I could have taken more time to make it a little more “fancy” with images, but I just didn’t have the time this week.

The students absolutely loved it!  They were SO excited and engaged the entire time.  Sometimes almost too engaged! They didn’t want stop. They kept asking to do another one. What a way to leave a positive impression of the library.  I promised them that I would try to find other ways throughout the rest of the year that we could incorporate Quizizz into our library lessons.


Hopefully I’ll be able to keep my promise because we did have some technical difficulties and not everyone was able to participate.  I would love to do it again so that all of the students will have the opportunity to participate.







No comments:

Post a Comment